NORSU Free Tuition
Negros Oriental State University (NORSU) will be implementing President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s Free Tuition Program as provided for in CHED –DBM Joint Memorandum Circular 2017-1. The said memorandum spells out guidelines on the grant of FREE TUITION in State Universities and Colleges for the Fiscal Year 2017.
Because of the limited budget allocation, this program does not cover all students currently enrolled in NORSU. Priorities will be given to the following:
A. Nationally Funded STUFAP Students (CHED SCHOLARS)
B. Continuing Students
1. Graduating Students with 1 semester remaining
2. Graduating Students with 1 year remaining
3. Non-Graduating students who are 4Ps Beneficiaries and not ESGPPA Grantees
4. Non-graduating students included in the Listahan 2.0 of the DSWD, and
5. Non-graduating students ranked according to income.
C. New Enrollees and Returning Students
It is projected that approximately 8,125 NORSU students will benefit from this FREE TUITION Program. Students and parents are encouraged to register for this FREE TUITION PROGRAM at the NORSU campus currently enrolled in (for continuing students) or the NORSU campus you intend to enroll at (new students) on MAY 15-19, 2017.
The following documents are required during registration of the FREE TUITION PROGRAM:
1. DSWD 4Ps Certificate
2. Parent’s BIR Income Tax Return, and
3. DSWD Certificate of Indigency and Barangay Clearance of Indigency
The final list of qualified grantees will be determined before the enrollment period and will be published at the NORSU Website (www.norsu.edu.ph), the NORSU Information and Publications Facebook page, and posted at the various NORSU Campuses.
Enrollment period of NORSU is on May 23 to June 2, 2017. Classes start on June 5, 2017.