Negros Oriental State University (NORSU) Graduate School is at present, the largest advance higher educational institution in the province in terms of program offerings and enrolment. Its program offerings include a wide range of educational opportunities for students to develop their academic and career goals. The programs lead to various doctoral and masters degrees which include Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Education, and Doctor of Management, Master of Science, Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Public Management (MPM), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Arts, and Master of Technological Education (MTE). Each degree program has different major areas of specialization for students to choose in line with their interest or lower level academic backgrounds. For those who opt for a non-thesis program, the Graduate School offers the Certificate of Governmental Management. Current enrolment in the Graduate School is more than seven hundred and obviously the biggest in the province.
At present, the Graduate School Office is located on the first floor of the Administration Building next to the office of the Vice-President for Academic Affairs. It is open Monday to Saturday from 8:00 in the morning to 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon.
NORSU Graduate School as a leading center of advanced and specialized education in the Visayas and Mindanao.
NORSU Graduate School delivers top-quality and technology-supported training through varied learning experiences in classroom and field interaction, research activities and extension services, in order to foster an environment conducive to enhancing the quality of human life.
The NORSU Graduate School understands its task as an investment in human potential and recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of each individual. It seeks to provide advanced and specialized instruction designed to promote academic, scientific and technological competence, advanced professional training, as well as capacity for significant research and extension services relevant to the needs of the Philippines in the 21st century and beyond.
As the academic unit of advanced education in Negros Oriental State University, the Graduate School has the following general objectives:
1. To facilitate acquisition of a clearer and wider perspective in one's life and work, to provide advanced knowledge and information in various individual disciplines, and to enhance one's skills and expertise in the field of one's specialization;
2. To provide training for dynamic and effective leadership in science, technology, government service, business and industry, the various professions, and other fields, in response to the agenda for change dictated by the constantly unfolding challenges of modern life;
3. To encourage independent, intelligent and scientific thinking, which is marked by a broad perspective, openness to new ideas and methods, familiarity with the latest technological advances, thoroughness in approaching problems of the human condition, and ability to adapt readily to change and to changing situations;
4. To stimulate basic and applied research quality, especially in identified priority areas for regional and national development in support of national efforts to evolve a culture of quality, productiveness and development in an increasingly global context; and
5. To foster the development of a sound philosophy of life, marked by a holistic understanding of the intrinsic value of the human individual; a deep appreciation for the highest social values; a firm commitment to ethical imperatives; a readiness to stand up for justice and peace; a sensitivity to the societal and environmental needs of community, country and the world; a readiness.