NORSU Advisory No. 5
Resumption of the Second Semester AY 2019-2020.
The well being and safety of the Students and Employees are the primordial concern of this University alongside with the total ecology of the province. It is on this premise that the Key Officials of the University in conjunction with the recommendation of the Commission of Higher Education (CHED) and the Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges (PASUC), and in accordance with IATF Resolution No. 29, series of 2020 and the Executive Order No. 2020-29 dated April 30, 2020 issued by the Governor, Province of Negros Oriental, the following were decided for the information and guidance of all NORSU Students and Personnel:
- The second semester term for AY 2019-2020 will resume effective May 4, 2020.
- NO "in-person Classes" (traditional face-to-face classroom set-up) shall be conducted. Students are NO longer required to return to school for this Second Semester Academic Year 2019-2020.
- The Flexible Learning Approach must be employed. Flexible learning shall mean a combination of one or all of the following schemes:
- On-line/e-learning scheme
- By Text, Call or e-mail
- Distance Learning - by post mail, courier or personal delivery, etc. of the learning modules and materials
- Blended Learning Approach
- By Radio or TV
- Social Media
- Other appropriate means or mode of delivery of instruction
- No Mass Promotion but No "Failing Grades" shall be given to a student for the current semester. All students are required to accomplish the following:
- One (1) major Examination; and
- One (1) take home requirement. This is on top of all the quizzes/exams/graded recitations, assignments, etc. already undertaken before the suspension of classes. All of these will be the basis for the computation of grades.
- Considering the present condition/situation of the students and their respective families, ALL faculty members are strongly reminded to be very helpful and considerate to the plight of the students during this covid-19 crisis. The Deadline for the submission of the aforementioned requirements are as follows:
- Non Graduating Students: December 2020
- Graduating Students: July 17, 2020
- Students are advised to wait for instructions from their respective Colleges regarding their subject requirements. Efforts will be made to contact you.
- "The Faculty Members shall report to their respective College Deans for specific instructions & orientation on the following schedule:
- All Department Chairpersons -May 5, 2020; 9:00 AM
- All Class/Section Advisers -May 6, 2020; 9:00 AM
- All faculty with Regular and Temporary status-May 7, 2020; 9:00 AM
- All Part-time Faculty -May 8, 2020; 9:00 AM
Appropriate information will be disseminated by your respective Deans. Should there will be changes in the aforementioned schedule.
- Students of the Graduate School and the College of Law are advised to contact their respective Deans for appropriate information and instructions.
- The schedule for the Summer term AY 2019-2020 shall remain as is until further notice.
- All Administrative, Non-teaching and Essential personnel shall be guided by the NORSU Advisory No. 4 dated March 18, 2020 in reporting to work.
- This Advisory shall take effect effectively immediately until further advices.
NORSU shall continue to coordinate with the Local Government Units, the DOH, CHED, etc. and will provide Advisory as information and updates become available.
JOEL P. LIMSON, Ph.D.